Letter's to Jack

This Blog will be made up of letter's writen to our son Jack , who even though he is not with us physically ,he will always be in hearts. If people would like to make a donation in Jack's name, please make it to The Hospital for Sick Children. Thank You

Sunday, March 26, 2006

How your Mom and Dad Feel right now

Hi Buddy

A good friend of mine (Ben) sent your Mom and I a poem from a lady who also doesn't have her son with her anymore, I think it says exactly how both of us feel about not having you here with us. Mabey it will help a few more people that are going through the same kinda stuff that we are going through.

Don't Tell Me

Please don't tell me you know how I feel,Unless you have lost your child too,Please don't tell me my broken heart will heal,Because that is just not true,Please don't tell me my son is in a better place,Though it is true, I want him here with me,Don't tell me someday I'll hear his voice, see his face,Beyond today I cannot see,Don't tell me it is time to move on,Because I cannot,Don't tell me to face the fact he is gone,Because denial is something I can't stop,Don't tell me to be thankful for the time I had,Because I wanted more,Don't tell me when I am my old self you will be glad,I'll never be as I was before,What you can tell me is you will be here for me,That you will listen when I talk of my child,You can share with me my precious memories,You can even cry with me for a while,And please don't hesitate to say his name,Because it is something I long to hear everyday,Friend please realize that I can never be the same,But if you stand by me, you may like the new person I become someday.

Judi Walker(In Memory of Shane)Copyright 1998
Love you Buddy
Dad

1 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

This was beautiful Joe and I am sure very accurately describes how you and Karen feel. I check everyday on you and Karens blog..I wish I could do something to make it less hurtful for you, but I know I cant. Jack was a beautiful little boy and I know your hearts are breaking. Just know that there are people praying for you. God bless.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home