Letter's to Jack

This Blog will be made up of letter's writen to our son Jack , who even though he is not with us physically ,he will always be in hearts. If people would like to make a donation in Jack's name, please make it to The Hospital for Sick Children. Thank You

Friday, July 28, 2006

Baby Showers

Hi Mr. Twinkle Toes, I hope you're dancing away in a water sprinkler keeping cool today.
I had such a nice suprise... Heather invited me to Colleen's baby shower this Sunday. I was very touched that she called me to invite me personally and to talk rather than just put a card in the mail given everything. I told her I was nervous, goofy thoughts that maybe people would think I was bringing to much saddness and I shouldn't be there, but Heather said that eveyone is really hoping that I'll be able to make it as they all miss me and want me there, especially Colleen. It meant so much that Heather said that I am still all of thier friend, and they are not going to stop inviting me to join in celebrations, even if it is too difficult for me to be there, they understand, but are not going to make any assumptions, they'll keep putting out the invitations. I am planning on going. Colleen is my friend, and I am happy for her. Even if I only stay a short while. I love you Baby Boy. I wish you could have come home to see all of the presents for you that we have. Maybe you come in the night and play away...
Love Momma

2 Comments:

Blogger Catch said...

of course your friends are not going to desert you Karen. And they all know you have been though a lot. It was very nice of the girl to call you personally. They must miss you Sweety. Try to have a good time seeing your friends and visiting with them. Let me know how it goes.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i know it would be hard to enjoy someone's elses babies birth but i think it is important for you to go and live. sometimes living means feeling the pain and sadness and that sucks but it's necessarry. you still have so much love to give your friends and their babies, even through your suffering. i know this because you have a huge heart that doesn't stop loving because it hurts and i know it hurts. hurts bad. but i think it is important for you not to hide away from people and laughter or tears. you need to stay feeling or we might just loose you/your heart and that my friend is something i cannot/want to imagine.
besides you will have your friends surrounding you. ones that know and understand the sadness amongst the smiles....

love.

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home