Letter's to Jack

This Blog will be made up of letter's writen to our son Jack , who even though he is not with us physically ,he will always be in hearts. If people would like to make a donation in Jack's name, please make it to The Hospital for Sick Children. Thank You

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Putting your crib away

Hi Jack



Today was a pretty hard day for me. I decided to put your crib away in the storage room. I'm sorry buddy, when I first assembled it for you I thought the next time I would be taking it down would be when you were to big for it and ready for a "Big Boy" bed, I was wrong. I know that was you giving us the thundershower just as I was about to take it apart, I didn't know if you were trying to say to me please don't take it down, or you were saying it's alright Dad you can take it down, your Momma phoned about that time and she says it was most likely the latter.



I got thinking today, if there was one thing I could do it would be to have you here with us and have you call me Dad, that's the one thing that really hurts.


Your Momma got down to Toronto O.K. today and she had a good meeting with the doctor.


I should go and have my dinner



Love ya Bud



Dad

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Its alright Dad, take it down" is what Jack was saying. He is happy and would never say or think the other thought. I truly believe the only sadness he knows is feeling bad for you missing him so much. In many years when you join him in the wonderful place that he is, you will hear him call you Dad.

Enjoy your weekend:)Take care;)

8:37 PM  
Blogger Louisiana said...

i cannot imagine how hard today was for you. i'm sorry.

glad Karen got to Toronto okay.

i cannot speak for your sweet angel. but an angel he is. angels are good. goodness only does and want good..taking down the crib was the right thing to do.

passing time might heal some of the sting but it won't take away the fact that he is gone. it will hurt always but it is okay to start functioning. he is with you always. he loves you. he calls you daddy. i'm sure he whispers it in your dreams...

1:10 AM  
Blogger Catch said...

Im sure it was really hard for you Joe.... Im sorry. Im also sure Jack was saying "its ok Dad".

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home